Sunday, April 2, 2017

Continuation of the Editing Process

Guys, I'm almost done with the editing!

I spent most of my weekend editing and compiling all of the videos and the different takes that we did. I really like how everything's come out.

The only part that I still have left to film is the last part where a friend/sibling opens the door to check on Kyle, although I'm not too worried about getting that part right because it's very short.

This is all of what I have left to record and I plan on getting it done on Monday. My friend is coming over then and we'll film this one part. I don't need any of the other actors for this because Sydney is not in the frame with Kyle.

While editing, my biggest problem was cutting the clips down because my video is currently at (without the last short scene) 2:24 minutes. When I was making my storyboard, I wanted to add a lot of jump cuts and sharp cuts at the end but when I was first compiling the videos, I didn't incorporate any jump cuts. I took a 180 degree shot of the two alters fighting followed by zooming in on Kyle as he got more and more upset. I really liked the way it looked but as I started cutting down on the unnecessary parts, I realized that that part would need to be cut short. So, to sort of combine the sharp cuts and the 180 degree shot, I cut out the few seconds between each dialogue. I feel like this gives it a rushed and panicky sort of vibe. It didn't help much with the cutting-down-time part but now I like the way it looks. Next class, I'm going to show it to a couple of my friends and get some critiques.

I also decided on the film title! It's called "Alone". Diego suggested it the other day and I kind of like it. It's not the most original or exciting title, but until I can come up with something better, I'm sticking with "Alone". I feel like this suits the film because the whole time, Kyle is alone. He thinks that there's people around him and that he's having real conversations but it's actually just him, by himself. He's alone.

My friend sent me the link to the video attached below, a few days ago. I was talking to her about my film and how it's loosely based on MPD when she told me about a video that she found online. It has nothing to do with my video besides its concept of MPD but I thought the video was amazing and so spooky. I just wanted to share it with you guys so here it is-



Also, here are some bloopers from day 2 of filming!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here's my CCR!