Thursday, March 30, 2017

So, there's been a couple of changes...

Since my last blog, a lot of things have changed.

I was going to film the last parts with my actors on Tuesday but due to complications we moved the filming to Wednesday. But the actor who plays Kyle lost the shirt that he was wearing that day. So, because of that, and to avoid a large and very obvious continuity error, we had to re-film all the parts that we filmed on Saturday. Luckily the actress who plays Cynthia was wearing a black dress to school that day. According to color psychology, black color indicates power, mystery, and anger. It's also used as a symbol of evil, which is essentially what Cynthia is. I thought the black dress (and the dark lipstick that she had on) perfectly fits Cynthia's personality. So, anyway we ended up filming that whole part again because of the change of wardrobe.

Here's the third actor:


This is Jose Perez. He will be playing Danny, the third dissociative identity of Kyle. He is very carefree and light-hearted, yet rebellious. Out of both his identities, Kyle likes Danny better because he sees Danny as a friend. Obviously, he doesn't enjoy Danny's company because Danny can be very overbearing and possibly annoying, but he is definitely the "better" one. 

In my last blog I talked about how the video is turning out to be much longer than the minimum limit and that I wasn't going to change the script. Well, I decided to change the script and make it shorter. I just think that it would be easier for me to not have to worry about all the editing. And I'm glad I did because even with the shorter script, the partially compiled video is already over a minute long.

Also, in an old blog I mentioned the opening sequence and how I want to film it. I did that a couple of days ago and that itself is over a minute long and the videos only have to be two minutes long. I honestly thought that the time would be a problem, but not like this- I thought that two minutes was way too long for me and that I wouldn't be able to make mine longer than a minute. But now the time isn't enough and it is very frustrating because I can make my film-opening look so much better with more time. But yeah, I need to remove the entire opening sequence now because of how long it makes the video.

So these are the changes that took place in less than five days. It's been a little rough but I have all the videos now and the compilation doesn't look so bad anymore! 😊



Citations:
Marshall, Peter D. "12 Colors and Their Meanings". Film Directing Tips. Film Directing Tips. http://filmdirectingtips.com/archives/157. Accessed 30 Mar. 2017.
Cherry, Kendra. "Color Psychology: Does It Affect How You Feel?" Very Well. About, Inc. 15 Nov. 2016. https://www.verywell.com/color-psychology-2795824. Accessed 30 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here's my CCR!