Saturday, March 25, 2017

Filming + Script

I have some good news! I finally wrote a script!

So, it was a very long process and I did get a little help from my friend but I'm satisfied with how the script has come out. 

When I started writing it earlier this week, I had some trouble starting the conversations. I knew that Kyle would get very stressed out when one of the alters started talking about something that means a lot to him. I also knew that I didn't have a lot of time to give a backstory of anything. So, with all that in mind, I decided that the easiest topic to pick would be a job. As a senior in high school, I'm very concerned about college and the tuition. Many of my friends started working recently just so they can save up some money for college. I wanted to go off of that idea and portray how stressed Kyle is, about getting a job. Mind you, his disorder has not been diagnosed yet; he has had a split personality for only a couple months and doesn't fully know what's happening to him yet. 

Kyle ends up not getting the job that he applied for. The split personality that feeds off of Kyle's disappointment is Cynthia. Danny is the "good guy" here, who seemingly tries to help Kyle and get Cynthia off his back but ends up in a verbal fight with Cynthia which only makes Kyle more upset. 

Towards the end of the film, Cynthia and Danny are in a very heated argument about which one of them is "worse," when Sydney rushes into the backyard to ask Kyle if everything is okay. When the shot cuts back to Kyle, he looks confused, dazed and exhausted. 

Attached to the right, is a part of the script. I filmed this part today, with Patricia and Diego, and I'm pretty happy with some of the shots I have. We couldn't film more because there were some time issues with the actor who currently plays Danny. I didn't want to waste this weekend so I decided to only film the first half of the video with Patricia and Diego. For good measure, I also had them record an audio note of their dialogues so I can add them if the sound is low at some point in the video or to help with editing. I have also attached a video below, which shows some of the bloopers from our filming today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here's my CCR!