Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Beginning of the Editing Process

Hello!

As I mentioned in my last blog, we filmed for a few hours this past weekend and I got some good shots. I also started editing and compiling this together and here are some of the problems I've sadly come across:

- As I watched some of the video clips from the filming, I realized that my neighbors were using a very loud machine in their backyard. This loud sound got picked up by my camera which sort of drowns Patricia and Diego's voices. Currently I'm trying to figure out a way to edit the sounds out of the clip, or to try and minimize that sound and amplify the actors' voices. I'm in a instant messaging group chat with some of my AICE Media Studies classmates and I asked them if they knew about any good websites and one of them suggested Audacity. I plan on downloading it when I get home and hopefully it'll solve the problem.

- I wanted to  maintain a color palette but I forgot to tell the actors that so now their isn't a palette and the video is just a mix of different colors and mismatched palettes. There's really nothing I can do about that besides asking my next actors (Danny) to wear some dark clothes.

- so even though we filmed during the day, the lighting isn't that good and I feel like I'll have it edit it some or add some filters to make it look like the way I want it to. I found two websites: Magisto and WeVideo. I'm going to go through them both soon and hopefully they fulfill my requirements.

- Another film editing technique that I never learnt but will have to soon is adding text on moving objects.

- When I compiled all of the materials from I didn't quite like how some of the shots and camera angles looked like so when they come back to shoot again, I'll hopefully be able to retake those shots from the desired angles.

- Also, after compilation I realized that in total with all the filming I've done currently, which is about half, the video is 1:20 seconds long which in my opinion is too long because I still have a lot more to film and my limit is two minutes. whoops. I don't plan on altering my script to make it shorter. I want to go through with filming and editing the way I'd originally planned and put together a video (which will definitely be over two minutes). After that, I'll start editing again and remove the redundant or not-as-important parts and cut it down to two minutes.

I'll keep y'all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here's my CCR!