Friday, March 17, 2017

Faces in my Film

Hi there!

The last time I posted a blog, I did not have any actors. But now I do! (well, I know who I'm going to ask and I'm almost positive they'll agree to help me out!)

While brainstorming and researching about character sketches in class, I wrote down a few characteristics that I want my characters to possess. I still haven't decided on the names so let's just go with the letters from my last blog.

A
  • male
  • late teens, maybe 18-19 years old
  • archetypal introvert
  • shy
  • prone to hallucinations
  • troubled childhood (I'm not going to go into detail with that because it doesn't really matter for the purpose of the film opening)

X
  • male
  • about the same age as A, 17-18 years old
  • quite possibly a delinquent
  • careless
  • slightly intimidating

Y
  • female
  • 17-18 years old
  • hard headed
  • has strong opinions on matters
  • manipulative
  • sly

These are some ideas that I currently have. I know this isn't nearly enough information or description for a good film opening but I'm working on it! Once I finalize the actors and the character names, I'll make a second part for this blog and post pictures of the actors.

This is a little off topic but I found a video the other night which I wanted to share with you guys. It's a short film about DID and it gave me some perspective on the matter. I also noted the different editing techniques that were used in that film, which I wish to incorporate in mine to sort of put the audience in the shoes of the protagonist.


Anyway, I hope to settle on a few actors by next week and start filming next weekend! 



Citation:
"Character". The Script Lab. The Script Lab. https://thescriptlab.com/screenwriting/character. Accessed on 17 Mar. 2017.
Bressert, Steve. "Dissociative Identity Disorder Symptoms".  Psych Central. Psych Central. 2016. https://psychcentral.com/disorders/dissociative-identity-disorder-symptoms. Accessed on 16 Mar. 2017.
"Dissociative Disorder Community". HealthyPlace. HealthyPlace. http://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/dissociative-identity-disorder/dissociative-identity-disorder-did-signs-and-symptoms. Accessed on 16 Mar. 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here's my CCR!